Lifestyle Advice & Assessment in Longview, WA
Along with offering a wide array of chiropractic care and nutrition services, the expert staff of Family Chiropractic Care, under the guidance of Dr. Rick Still, provides lifestyle advice that can guide you to a healthy state of living. In order to maintain a healthy and pain-free existence, there are certain lifestyle changes we frequently recommend to our clients as part of their treatment program. Without adjustments made to the current lifestyle which contribute to the presenting issues, any treatment success may be short-lived. Therefore, our knowledgeable specialists will provide lifestyle advice as an integral part of your treatment program to ensure long-lasting benefits from our chiropractic services and allow you to achieve a happy and fulfilled life doing the things you enjoy.
Common Lifestyle Changes
Our aim in providing lifestyle advice that supports the success of your treatment program is for you to become a healthier, happier you. While some of the recommendations we make will be tailored to your unique lifestyle and needs, there are other common lifestyle changes that we request our clients implement in their lives.
- Quit smoking: Smoking is a major factor in developing serious illnesses and conditions that impact your long-term health, such as heart disease, emphysema, COPD, and dehydration of spinal discs which cause back pain.
- Drink more water: For your body to function properly, it must be adequately hydrated or you risk a myriad of issues, including exhaustion, pulled muscles, dry skin, blood clots and gastrointestinal disturbances. Try to drink 8 8-ounce glasses of water per day to maintain a healthy level of hydration.
- Get a good night’s rest: Sleep is a restorative process in which your body can heal itself and the mind obtains much needed downtime. It is recommended that you sleep between 7 and 9 hours per night to allow your body and mind to repair and rest.
- Eat a healthy diet: Your diet should be full of fresh vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins, while reducing your intake of caffeine, sugar, red meats, high fat and high cholesterol foods and processed food items. Dr. Still can provide a nutritional assessment to help you towards to the path of overall wellness.
- Exercise: It has been widely recommended that adults engage in 150 minutes of aerobic exercise per week. Along with cardio exercises, you should participate in lightweight training that is beneficial to your current state of health.
- Relaxation: Life’s stresses tend to weigh down on everyone throughout their waking hours. If you find that you feel overwhelmed or are suffering from general malaise, you should consider engaging in relaxing activities such as stretching, reading, or taking walks. These activities have been found to lower blood pressure, ease anxious feelings, decrease tension-related pain including headaches, reduce bouts of insomnia and decrease muscle and joint pains.
Chiropractic Treatment in Longview, WA
Here at Family Chiropractic Care, our expert team of professionals, led by Dr. Rick Still, is eager to assist you with achieving your goal of living a healthier, happier and active lifestyle. Schedule your consultation appointment today by calling (360) 636-2636 and discover how we can help you live a pain-free, fulfilling life.